Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Preperation,

When I look around, I don't see many people I would have deemed able to make a movie. In truth, we run a pizza place in the most off kilter way imagineable. And yet, my cast and crew are almost entirely assembled.

If I didn't think they were capable, I most definitely didn't see it in myself. Sure, when I look in the mirror I see a screenwriter, but what is that really? I'm a person who holes up in a dark room with the television blaring and the blue light of my laptop on my face for months at a time, trying to be the next Kevin Williamson. That, I see when I look in the mirror. Director, I do not.

Honestly, I've started this blog probably more for myself than for anyone reading it. I intend to use it to convince myself that I can be what I'm pretending to be. At the end of the day, we all wear masks. Some are parents, doctors, criminals. I am a screenwriter, and I'm going to force that director mask on my face, too.


All in all, my film is shooting November 1st, under my direction. So this damn thing had better fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment